Friday 28 May 2010

Extracts from Previous Facebook Group for Complaints against Local Events Calendar

Extracts from the Facebook Group: Conned By Local Events Calendar (MIYU LTD)
April 14th 2010

Dave Allen i also have had the same Experience, i had the free trial and cancelled it 4 days before the end of trial period, but they still took £468.00 from my account, i am currently trying to get the money back, i will be informing the trading standards about this company, i will update this page if i have any further developments
March 24 at 11:48pm

Beverley Perkins
I have a similar story. The sales girl told me as long as I cancelled by last Friday it would be fine. When I phoned they told me (very rudely) that I had to cancel in writing and that it was too late anyway as they had my money! They count the days from the date that they make first contact, not necessarily the date that your ad goes live! It is ... See More
March 25 at 5:24pm


Conned By Local Events Calendar (MIYU LTD)
report it to Trading Standards with your local office and ask them to find the other people who have raised the complaint as well I have emailed them asking for someone to take up our case i am awaiting reply one ladys ref number for her case is EM 2820648 ask them to look for that case when you call or email.
March 25 at 11:42am

Itsme ThatsWho Hello, same story for me as Gemmas below. I did complete the advertising form again under a spoof cmpany and hopefully they will contact me for card details etc as they are not responding to any emails or phone calls. Has anyone had any success obtaining a refund? My bank says the payment was not protected so there is ...
See More


Conned By Local Events Calendar (MIYU LTD) I'm going to speak to trading standards today and try to get this sorted as more and more people are saying the same thing. They cant keep doing this!
March 25 at 11:09am

Itsme ThatsWho Just had a call from my bank who will be credting my account with the payment and taking it up with Local Events, I am still contacting Trading Standards about this and will report further. Yesterday I left a spoof request for further details regarding their advertsiing package (completed the online form) and surprise ...
See More
March 26 at 11:08am ·



Vincent Hearn hey guys, glad i found this group! also been conned by the f********kkkkeers and just wondered how you guys got the bank to get the money back? i;ve had to seek legal action but if there is another way id love to know.

Anoushka Lucas-Howells
i spoke to the bank today and it is the banks/credit card companys who are giving the money back and not the company......the banks are insured for these things sometimes although it depends on the bank and the individual case....i am not holding out much hope for mine as although i know for a fact i did not authorise ...
March 30 at 11:22am

Claire Jessica Weait Complete scammers!! I also got done by this so called advertsing company, lost £467 to them, awful experience. We must stop them by keeping on top of trading standards and making they do something!
March 30 at 4:52pm



Vicky Dyer
Hi everyone just had the same thing happen to me they told me i did not cancel in time even though i know i did, they e-mailed me an invoice for 468.00 from sandra cooper accounts luckily i saw the blogg site and stopped my cards so no money has been taken out thanks to you guys i am still going to make some complaints against this awful company.
April 1 at 3:47pm


Sharon Bell
Yes, yet another victim of the shameless sales banter of Local Events Calendar. At the start of february a had one of their telemarketers go through the whole process with me. She even implied that I would only have to contact them at the end of the trial if I intended to continue with the deal. After checking See More

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment